A few reminders for Lay Readers and Chalice Bearers:
- If you are unable to read on your assigned day, PLEASE GET A REPLACEMENT!
- Please call the office with the name of the replacement.
- At the 8:00 service the reader reads the First Reading, the Psalm, and the Second Reading.
- At the 10:00 service, the first reader listed reads the First Reading and the Psalm; the second reader listed reads the Second Reading and Prayers of the People.
- If there is a unlicensed lector, there will be a Chalice Bearer assigned on the schedule (C).
- When serving the chalice, the intinct chalice bearer follows the Priest, with the second chalice bearer following directly behind the first, along the altar rail. This way, communicants don’t have to wait for the chalice or indicate that they want the other chalice.
- Please prepare your lesson and/or psalm reading ahead of time. The lessons and readings for the upcoming Sunday may be found on this website; click on Lessons and Readings, over in the right column, to read and download them. If you would prefer, you may call the office on Thurs. or Fri. morning, and Kerry will be able to tell you what the readings are. If you have to purchase a New Revised Standard Version of the Bible or a Book of Common Prayer in order to prepare, please go to www.churchpublishing.com and order one online, or you can call Church Publishing (1-800-242-2918) to order one.
- Due to the sensitivity of some of our parishioners and the close quarters in the sanctuary, we ask that you refrain from wearing after-shave, cologne, or perfume when you are serving in the Altar. Thank you in advance for your consideration.
- If you are unable to serve on your assigned day, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO FIND A REPLACEMENT! There are many people willing to serve, so vary your trade choices, if possible.
- Please call Michele Fox when you get a replacement, so that she can adjust the schedule. Please do not call the church office with changes. Michele will notify those involved.
- If you are unable to trade, please call Michele Fox as soon as possible, so that she can get a replacement, but make every effort to find a replacement yourself, before you do so.
- Please arrive at the church at 20 minutes to 10 if you are serving at the 10 am service. Thank you.
- A current list of acolytes will be sent to you when it is updated.
If you have not already, please send an email to info
@rhinebeck-episcopal.org with your contact information (phone number and, ideally, email address) so that we can maintain a current contact list, which makes scheduling easier. This information will not be shared with anyone but fellow lay servers and families.